Re: [lvs-users] emailalertperiod configuration option

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] emailalertperiod configuration option
From: Anthony Ciaravalo <anthony@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:43:44 -0500
ok.

Reading through the documentation for Time::Period again, I think the best way
to cover the 24 hour period is probably to just use
hr {0-23}
which covers from 0 hour through 23:59:59

since
"v isn't a point in time. In the context of the hour scale, 9 specifies the
time period from 9:00:00 am to 9:59:59 am"

In one section it states
"For the range specification v-v, if the second value is larger than the first
value, the range wraps around unless the scale specification is year."

then further down it says,
"To specify the morning, use  hour { 12am-11am }"

but I think that only wraps around for am only; not through pm and back to am.

so that means the default variable $EMAILALERTPERIOD setting should be
wd {Mon-Sun} hr {0-23}

or wd {Sun-Sat} hr {0-23}, if the preference is for starting the week on sunday.

I think using
wd {Mon-Sun} hr {12am-11am}, wd {Mon-Sun} hr {12pm-11pm}

would also work for covering am and pm, since you can specify multiple time
periods

I prefer using a 24 hour clock myself.  It looks cleaner that way.

anthony