[lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module: stats fail under high load

Subject: [lvs-users] net-snmp-lvs-module: stats fail under high load
From: Robin Bowes <robin-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:22:51 +0000
Hi,

I've been building out a platform that uses the net-snmp-lvs module to
monitor LVS stats. In testing, it worked just fine. I'm graphing
connection rate, packet rate, and byte rate for the virtual service and
each of the real servers.

However, when we put some live traffic through the LVS instance this
morning, we lost the connection rate stats. There are some graphs here
that show the issue:

http://yo61.com/net-snmp-lvs-module-fails-under-high-load.html

Sadly, I didn't think to try ipvsadm --list --rate at the time to see if
the problem was in ipvs or the net-snmp-lvs module and we've reverted
the cut-over so the system is no longer heavily loaded.

Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

Thanks,

R.