Re: [lvs-users] CentOS 5 apache real servers don't respond

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] CentOS 5 apache real servers don't respond
From: James Chase <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:14:38 -0400
Here it is. The page requests from my browser arrives at the LVS and I
see it in tcpdump but it doesn't appear to get forwarded to the apache
real server. The only traffic I see between the apache real server and
the LVS is the period checks to see if the apache service is running. So
perhaps there is actually something wrong with the LVS.
*
arptables -L on apache real server:*

Table: filter

Chain IN (policy ACCEPT)

target     source-ip            destination-ip       source-hw
destination-hw     hlen   op         hrd        pro

DROP       anywhere             192.168.1.174        anywhere
anywhere           any    any        any        any

Chain OUT (policy ACCEPT)

target     source-ip            destination-ip       source-hw
destination-hw     hlen   op         hrd        pro

mangle     anywhere             192.168.1.174        anywhere
anywhere           any    any        any        any       --mangle-ip-s
192.168.1.153

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

target     source-ip            destination-ip       source-hw
destination-hw     hlen   op         hrd        pro

*lvs.cf*

serial_no = 41

primary = 192.168.1.169

primary_private = 192.168.1.30

service = lvs

backup_active = 1

backup = 192.168.1.171

backup_private = 192.168.1.31

heartbeat = 1

heartbeat_port = 539

keepalive = 6

deadtime = 18

network = direct

nat_nmask = 255.255.255.0

debug_level = NONE

monitor_links = 0

syncdaemon = 0

virtual HTTP {

      active = 1

      address = 192.168.1.174 eth0:1

      vip_nmask = 255.255.255.0

      port = 80

      send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"

      expect = "HTTP"

      use_regex = 0

      load_monitor = none

      scheduler = wlc

      protocol = tcp

      timeout = 60

      reentry = 15

      quiesce_server = 1

      server APACHE1 {

          address = 192.168.1.153

          active = 1

          weight = 1

      }

}

*apache real server networking (eth0:2 is the VIP):*

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:56:A1:36:11

           inet addr:192.168.1.153  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

           inet6 addr: fe80::250:56ff:fea1:3611/64 Scope:Link

           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

           RX bytes:65427023 (62.3 MiB)  TX bytes:211251658 (201.4 MiB)

eth0:1    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:56:A1:36:11

           inet addr:192.168.1.175  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

eth0:2    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:56:A1:36:11

           inet addr:192.168.1.174  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0