[lvs-users] LVS DR Intermittent Telnet from Outside or From Balancer on

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS DR Intermittent Telnet from Outside or From Balancer on VIP Port
From: nascean <nascean@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:00:42 +0800
Hi,

I am having an intermittent issue on 2 load balancers. These balancers are
used to load balance IMAPS/POPS/HTTPS connections. From outside or from the
load balancer when I telnet the VIP port 993/995/443, there are times that
it would return...

Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

This "Connection refused" thing will last for 10 minutes or longer. The
issue is intermittent. After a while or after a manual heartbeat take over
on the other balancer, the VIP port is accessible again. It had been stable
for 2 months. Then it just suddenly became intermittent.

When I telnet the VIP port 993/995/443 on all real servers on the same time
that this issue happen, it is able to.

I have browsed through the forum. But I am not sure really where to start.

balancers and real servers are running Ubuntu 8.04 on 64 bit system kernel
2.6

--
Thanks & BRegards,
Nas