Re: [lvs-users] threshold in ldirectord

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] threshold in ldirectord
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:57:21 +0900
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 07:41:31AM +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> On Saturday 30 October 2010 07:13:08 Simon Horman wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 05:02:15PM +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can I configure the threshold feature of ipvsadm (-x, -y) in
> > > ldirectord.cf somehow?
> >
> > No :-(
> >
> > Adding that has been on my todo list for quite some time.
> > I would be more than happy to review a patch for that feature.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) General thresholds. Should be very simple to implement. Parsing a
> "uthreshold=" line in the general configuration section. But then all real
> servers get the same threshold.
>
> 2) How could you add this to a "real=" line? "weight" already is optional.
> Addind a additional "uthr" parameter would make the "weigth" information
> mandatory.
>
> Am I right?

Yes, I think you are.

I don't have any particularly good ideas regarding that at this point.
So how about we just make weight mandatory of thresholds are provided.
It doesn't seem particularly onerous to me, perhaps with the exception
of documenting it clearly.

> Greetings,
>
> PS: Could you please add a better check for real SMTP servers to your agenda?
> Would be good if it checks the status code and marks the real server failed
> if
> it answers not with "2.. <serverame>"

Sure, could you either start a fresh thread with that request
or log something in bugzilla?