[lvs-users] loopback network vs IPv6

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] loopback network vs IPv6
From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:50:14 +0100
Hi!

If I add an IPv4 network to the loopback device, that answers all
addresses in the network, which is convenient on the fwmark-based
director (with a corresponding static network route configured on the
upstream router).  These altogether make VIP-less director possible.

But if I try to do the same with IPv6, no dice.  If I add an IPv6
network to the loopback device, that does NOT answer all the addresses
in the network, and even if I add a local route for the network, that
shows up as unreachable in the routing table listing.

Is it possible to employ some trick to "localize" a network of IPv6
addresses, so that IPVS catches and routes them?
--
Thanks,
Feri.