[lvs-users] LVS/KeepaliveD not accepting GARP

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS/KeepaliveD not accepting GARP
From: "SJ Stanaitis" <sstanaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:16:05 -0400
I have an FC11 box running LVS (1.2.5)/KeepaliveD (1.2.2) as a load
balancer for HTTP, HTTPS, and DNS.  The problem I'm running into is that
the box does not appear to accept/recognize the GARP announcement from
my separate Checkpoint firewall cluster.  When the firewall cluster
fails over, it sends a GARP to all systems on the LAN which maps the
cluster's IP address to the MAC of the new member.  When this occurs,
all the systems except for the LVS load balancer will update their ARP
tables as expected.  The LVS load balancer continues to communicate with
the cluster IP at the old MAC which pretty much cuts off communication.

If I go in and manually update the arp tables, everything works again,
but since the firewall does a quick failover whenever I push policy out
to it - I have to quickly reset the cluster to its original
primary/secondary order to avoid any outages.

I'm at a bit of a loss right now as to what I must change on the load
balancer so it will accept the GARP from the firewall, can anyone please
point me in the right direction?  On my real servers I had to set up
dummy interfaces so that they could rx/tx with the virtual IP's on the
balancer, does something similar need to be done so the load balancer
can communicate properly with the firewall cluster?

Thanks,

--SJ