Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Announcement: Piranha being retired in Fedora 17
From: Emilio Campos <emilio.campos.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:59:23 +0100
HI Dennis , thanks about your quick look of the zen source code, like you
said Zen uses perl CGI to make the GUI , but Zen isn't basicaly a perl CGI
GUI. Like I told on my last mail Zen is an entire solution for load
balancing. Some features:

Zen include a CGI perl GUI
Zen include a  service for advanced checks on backends
Zen include a  service that replicate on real time your farms and interface
configuration
Zen include own scripts to make graphs about  zen server resources and farms
Zen include much more ;)

Why do you think that this isn't a viable approach?

By other hand, and correct me if I'm wrong, Is not Piranha only a php GUI?

On any case zen is going to include on your v3 version a entire integration
with LVS, at these moment maybe piranha users could test it. ;)

Regards!

2012/1/29 Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 01/28/2012 09:02 PM, Emilio Campos wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > The source code is included on the metadistro, the entire code is on
> > /usr/local/zenloadbalancer, we base the soluion on debian but if someone
> is
> > interested to  integrate on other distro we are going to support it.
> >
> > Zen works with  binaries of other projectss fo the load balance core,
> wich
> > we are modifying  and improving, the entire code is reported to the
> > original project
> >
> > About SVN, at the moment isn't configured, but I said on my last lines
> > where you can read our code easily, we are working to configure it.
> >
> > By other hand there is a repository with the zen deb package, maybe you
> are
> > interested on use it instead of svn
> >
> > *deb http://zenloadbalancer.sourceforge.net/apt/x86 v2/*
>
> Thanks. I was hoping to be able to adapt this to run on Fedora/RHEL and
> perhaps add LVS support but after seeing that this is basically a set of
> perl CGI scripts with the UI html mixed into the code I don't think this is
> a viable approach. That's unfortunate because the overall approach looks
> quite nice and it could replace Piranha quite nicely.
>
> Regards,
>   Dennis

Load balancer distribution - Open Source Project
http://www.zenloadbalancer.com
Distribution list (subscribe): zenloadbalancer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx