Re: [lvs-users] SCTP support on real server monitoring tools

To: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] SCTP support on real server monitoring tools
From: krishna prasad <krishna.sirigiri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:02:39 +0530
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 6:27 PM, David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> We don't use SCTP specifically, but I utilize ldirectord with external
> check scripts to monitor weird proprietary applications (most of which use
> UDP). I have also used mon for the same purpose, although we have since
> deimpleted that in favor of ldirectord.
>
> David

Thanks for the response. So in conclusion I can use ldirectord with
external check scripts to monitor my sctp based applications? Forgot to
mention, some of our real servers can be on SCTP and some can be on TCP; so
I think the ldirectord can monitor tcp and sctp (using scripts) real
servers simultaneously.

Also, is there any comparison or advantages/disadvantages of using
ldirectord vs mon vs keepalined?