Re: [lvs-users] Set Up an LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Set Up an LVS
From: Enno Gröper <enno+lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:56:37 +0100
Hi,

Am 15.03.2012 10:34, schrieb anubhav agarwal:
> Hi
>
> I am CS student of IIT Roorkee, I have been a given a project by my
> Networking professor to configure a network with client server model and
> perform load balancing using LVS. I have read introduction on the site
> www.linuxvirtualserver.org and understood the theory. But I am still unable
> to start any thing.
> Can anyone please tell me how to begin, which softwares to install, how to
> configure the network
LVS is already included in modern kernels and distributions. There is
not much to install nowadays.
For your loadbalancer you could start with an easy to install debian stable.
The you should install ldirectord or at least ipvsadm to configure the
loadbalancer.
man ipvsadm or man ldirectord should give you enough information to
create a simple setup.
To decide which packet-forwarding-method is the best for you, you should
read the documentation on linuxvirtualserver.org.

HTH
Enno