Re: [lvs-users] Load Balancing Server on Same Network

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Load Balancing Server on Same Network
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:37:19 +0100
David,

If you are using DR then the return traffic will not go back through
the load balancer (it will go via the default gateway).

As for Windows.. Have you setup the loopback adapter with the VIP?
i.e.
http://blog.loadbalancer.org/direct-server-return-on-windows-2008-using-loopback-adpter/
or for other versions of Windows:
Page 20-27 of our quick start guide:
http://loadbalancer.org/pdf/quickstartguideLBv7.pdf

On 6 April 2012 03:05, David Hofmann <elmic11111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm attempting to load balance two windows servers using a Linux
> server.  They are all on the same network and share a router and I
> prefer not to have to setup a sub network behind the load balancer.
> Ideal I'd like the traffic to come in through the load balancer, go to
> the web servers and then go back out through the load balancer.
>
> I've been going through the documentation. I can get it using direct
> routing to send the request to the web servers. I can see the request
> in the logs, but it appears the response isn't coming back as I keep
> getting timeout in my browser.
>
> Any suggestions of where to go look or any tutorials I should read
> would be appreciated.
>
> David

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.