Re: [lvs-users] Localhost (local vip) time out

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Localhost (local vip) time out
Cc: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:01:51 +0200
On 14/05/2012 15:45, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Have a look at the HOWTO - search for "realservers as clients". Short
> answer is to have the VIP as a /32 address on the the loopback adapter
> on each realserver, but they will only ever then talk to themselves
> rather than being load balanced.
>
> This comes up with amazing frequency :)
>
> Graeme

Thank you so much for replying.

You have no idea how its appreciated.

If I understood you correctly. I am doing as you suggest.

auto lo:1
iface lo:1 inet static
   address xyz.221.22.10
   netmask 255.255.255.255
   pre-up sysctl -p > /dev/null

If I could ask. Please could you relook at my original mail and config setup (
http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2012-05/msg00002.html )

I did as you suggest. I.e. look for "realservers as clients".
If I understood correctly, esp the 'gotchas' page. You are not supposed to make
calls / connections to yourself.
E.g. I cant or not supposed to run wget to a virtual host, thats DNS points to
a VIP?

Thank you again.

Brent.