Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm problem

To: Dmitry Akindinov <dimak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ipvsadm problem
From: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:14:44 -0400
On 8/24/12 8:53 AM, Dmitry Akindinov wrote:

> So, again, routing is fine, the traffic does go as it should (to the
> new balancer and then to the old one, as a part of the "real server
> pool" or "farm"). The problem is that ipvs software on the "old"
> balancer drops some of the packets when it is running the sync daemon.
> As soon as the sync daemon is stopped, the problem disappears.
Sorry, I totally missed that your IPVS boxes are also your 'real'
servers - I had an issue like that a while ago. Basically as far as I
can tell, if there is a connection in the sync table, the kernel will
use it even if you don't have ipvs rules entered, or even if you are
using fwm and you don't have an applicable iptables rule.

Someone who knows the internals of ipvs better can probably get more
specific, but I was unable to find a workaround for it that did not
involve disabling the sync daemon.

On my end, I either changed my scheduler to SH and stopped using the
sync daemon, or separated the ipvs and real servers into separate
systems to avoid the issue altogether.