Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Nat question

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Nat question
Cc: gary.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: gary.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 01:29:58 -0700
Ok I had to take a break from trying to configure Piranha so I could work
on other things. But now I am back to it.

Ok here's the problem.  The Piranha is successfully pinging the real
servers and I can see that in the http logs.

The Piranha side that is talking to the Internet doesn't seem to be
answering on Port 80.  The firewall ports are open for 3636, 80 and 539.

If I do a tcpdump for eth0, which is the front facing/internet side, I see
that I am getting traffic on that interface.

However, it doesn't appear that Piranha is doing anything with it.

What would you like me to attempt and what dump/log/trace should I send to
help troubleshoot?

I have tried using the Direct Method and the NAT method.  It just doesn't
seem to be listening on Port 80.

 netstat -an | grep 80
tcp        1      0 98.190.148.186:36757        174.76.227.75:80
 CLOSE_WAIT

> On 10/26/12 1:03 AM, gary.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> The VIP is an external IP that I can ping.  The real web servers are on
>>> 192.168.0.xxx subnet.  The VIP machine has eth1 that is on the