[lvs-users] Mysterious lvs entry in ganglia

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Mysterious lvs entry in ganglia
From: Laurence Marks <L-marks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:44:05 -0600
I have a mysterious host in my cluster ganglia page (
http://risc2.numis.northwestern.edu/ganglia/) at the ip 10.10.0.1
which calls itself "lvs" . (I have faked a directory for it as
otherwise ganglia shows an ugly broken link.) The fake node (it is a
spoofed host) appeared after a recent update, and I am having
difficultly finding where it is from. We have not intentionally
started lvs, but maybe the vendor did on some new nodes. Any
suggestions welcome.

And before you ask, I have already posted to the ganglia list and so
far nobody has a suggestion that has been useful.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University