Re: [lvs-users] Can't Access Other Director/Real Server

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Can't Access Other Director/Real Server
Cc: Darren Mansell <darren.mansell@xxxxxxxxx>
From: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 11:52:24 -0400
On 7/5/13 11:41 AM, Darren Mansell wrote:
> Hi Horst,
>
> Many thanks for your reply. Your config is almost exactly the same as mine,
> apart from I have the real servers combined with the directors.
>
> As I say it's worked before with this exact config, I just can't figure out
> why it's suddenly not.
What source IP is the system using when it is talking to the VIP? Is it
perhaps using the VIP itself as a source IP, then the packets get routed
over to the other box and it sends them to 'itself'? Quick look at
tcpdump on both boxes should tell you.

For what it is worth, my RHEL systems with /32s on loopbacks show the
src address being the the same address:

# ip ro get 172.31.0.5
local 172.31.0.5 dev lo  src 172.31.0.5
     cache <local>  mtu 16436 advmss 16396 hoplimit 64

You could probably just add a SNAT rule to your OUTPUT chain (in NAT
table) and force it to use the eth0 address to talk to the loopback.

David