[lvs-users] Is ldirectord the right choice for https through and through

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Is ldirectord the right choice for https through and through
From: Jacob Gibson <jacob.gibblers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:09:04 -0500
I was happily using HAProxy, until I received word that we need to also
encrypt traffic to the web servers.  So, internet --https--> load balancer
--https--> web servers.  Would ldirectord be a more appropriate choice?  We
don't need any Layer 7 rules.

We do need the following:

1) HTTPS all the way through
2) Web servers need to see the IP of the user
3) Users need sticky sessions to a web server (where the sticky assignment
counter gets refreshed on each user request)
4) HTTPS Keep-Alive support
6) Mobile and older browser support (I say this because I keep reading this
about SNI, but I don't know if that applies to us)

I believe ldirectord can do #1 and #2, but don't know about #3-#6.

Thanks