Re: [lvs-users] Slow IPVS performance under Centos 6.5

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Slow IPVS performance under Centos 6.5
From: "Bryan K. Wright" <bkw1a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:03:04 -0400
Hi Michael,

misch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> I saw this problem, if the tcp checksum calculation was done on the interface.
>  Please use ethtool to switch tcp-checksum off in the IF driver.

        Thanks! That did the trick.  It turned out that I needed
to turn off the checksum calculation on the internal interface of
my director.  (ethtool --offload eth1 rx off tx off)  With that
change, things are much better.  I can even run glxgears!

                                                Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx