Re: [lvs-users] udp sessions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] udp sessions
From: sangdrax8 <sangdrax8@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:44:09 -0400
Alright, I have a little better understanding of my problem.  It seems that
with out turning on persistence, each connection from the same source IP
and different source port gets sent to a different real server.  Until the
UDP connection times out, this works perfectly for me.  Problem being that
with out persistence, the session doesn't stay as long as traffic is seen.
 Even if there is traffic, the session will time out and then the server
could change.  As soon as I turn on persistence to keep the session alive
with traffic, it starts grouping all ports from a single host together.

Is there any set of options which will reset the timeout for the UDP
connection, while not grouping different source ports into a single session?

I have currently placed a BSD box with PF running in front of my lvs
server.  With PF I can source nat traffic to multiple different source
IP's, including traffic which comes from the same source IP with different
source ports.  Doing this before hitting lvs allows me to use persistence
again, as I have now created individual source IP's for each connection.
 It would just be much cleaner with out an additional firewall doing
translation first.