Re: [lvs-users] about NAT return path

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] about NAT return path
From: support@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 10:01:07 +0100
Hello Yonghua Peng,

AS per  LVS-NAT concept the realservers are allmost at an second network(
rfc1912 ipaddresses allmost ):

haveing i.e net 1.2.3.4 on lb1  at eth0
haveing i.e net 192.168.1.1 on lb1  at eth1

external VIP i.e :  1.2.3.3

haveing i.e net 1.2.3.5 on lb1  at eth1
haveing i.e net 192.168.1.2 on lb2  at eth1

and the VI_GATEWAY on eth1  with i.e : 192.168.1.3

VI_GATEWAY are  managed by ldirectord or keepalived or other HA IPVS app.
VI_GATEWAY  with keepalived  managed by vrrp

keealive docu : http://www.keepalived.org/LVS-NAT-Keepalived-HOWTO.html

Make shure implement nonlocalbinds sys-ctl on realservers.
make shure implement ip forward and nonlocalbinds on LB´s

AS per  LVS-DR concept the realservers can be in the same or different networks
and not require any NAT
LVS DR uses the standard default gw allmost  with rarp

see http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-DR.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de

Legal Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any review,
dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately