[lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] DR : real server unable to reach VIP
From: Florent B <florent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 11:25:38 +0200
Hi everyone,

I'm using LVS with keepalived on Debian Wheezy.

I have 3 Real Servers:
10.111.17.170
10.111.17.171
10.111.17.172

And One VIP:
10.111.17.202

My service is running on port 3306.

VIP is not configured on RS (because I had others problems), so I use
the iptables strategy on RS : iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d
10.111.17.202 -j REDIRECT

LVS is configured to send all connections to VIP in priority on
10.111.17.170 if it's alive.

My problem is that I can't connect to VIP:3306 from this real server !

Packets are sent, received by LVS but it seems to ignore them when
source mac address is the same as (computed) destination mac address.

I really need to go through LVS and not REDIRECT OUTPUT packets on each RS.

Has anyone an idea of what's wrong with my setup and to fix it ?

Thank you a lot.

Florent