Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord + mysql woes

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord + mysql woes
From: support@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:02:20 +0200
Hello Tom,

 remove any sql real node weight's and use wrr scheduler , see below.

I had used sutch ldirectord +mysql setup some years ago ....
see old howto : https://www.howtoforge.com/loadbalanced_mysql_cluster_debian_p6
...stopped using it with heartbeat3 due funtionality on my systems replaced by
keepalived due quite faster IP handover..

"section 6.3 Configure ldirectord sample  configuration file for ldirectord, on
the load balancers:

"loadb1.example.com" / "loadb2.example.com":

vi /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf

# Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=no
logfile="local0"
quiescent=yes

virtual = 192.168.0.105:3306
        service = mysql
        real = 192.168.0.101:3306 gate
        real = 192.168.0.102:3306 gate
        checktype = negotiate
        login = "ldirector"
        passwd = "ldirectorpassword"
        database = "ldirectordb"
        request = "SELECT * FROM connectioncheck"
        scheduler = wrr

Please fill in the correct virtual IP address (192.168.0.105) and the correct
IP addresses of your MySQL cluster nodes (192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.102).
3306 is the port that MySQL runs on by default. We also specify a MySQL user
(ldirector) and password (ldirectorpassword), a database (ldirectordb) and an
SQL query.
ldirectord uses this information to make test requests to the MySQL cluster
nodes to check if they are still available.
We are going to create the ldirector database with the ldirector user in the
next step."

----------
besides of that..

Today i am use keepalived for that Mysql N+3 sized ndb cluster  with realtime
storange sync and + one offside clone node equal like this :
http://www.databaseskill.com/1396079/

I suggest you to install & setup an Galea-Mariadb mysql cluster + keepalived as
an 5 node concept, 3 sql/storange nodes and 2 for the loadbalancers.

Google has a lot of howtow's for keepalived...

Hope this helps.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de - 1995 - 2015
-  20 Jahre Linux/Unix Support.

Legal Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any review,
dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately