Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord + mysql woes

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord + mysql woes
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 09:37:55 +0100
Do you mean extended health checks?
We have an example here of external checks with our version of ldirectord:
http://blog.loadbalancer.org/ntlm-authenticating-proxy-check-script/

All of the code that Loadbalancer.org uses in LVS / Ldirectord /
HAProxy is open source,
I think Horms was looking at merging some of it into Ldirectord
...Although he would probably cringe at the quality of some of our
hacks :-).

However in the meantime if you want a copy of our version of
ldirectord just drop an email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and they
will send it to you.
Ps. Our Ldirectord also includes compatibility with the Feedback Agent
code (windows service agent is open source as well):
http://blog.loadbalancer.org/open-source-windows-service-for-reporting-server-load-back-to-haproxy-load-balancer-feedback-agent/

On 1 July 2015 at 09:13,  <support@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 29-06-15 19:34, Malcolm Turnbull wrote:
>
>> LVS certainly won't care what the traffic is but you probably need
>> some kind of connection reset to make the new mysql server
>> re-negotiate with the client.
>> It may be your application that is confused by the server change.
>
> @malcom , thats the pitty part of ldirectord , still till today .
> Ldirectord  can not run more complex chat scripts .
>

> Maybe your Team mates take over that ldirectord developemnt too :-) and
> enhance it ...
>

> was reaseon for me to move to  keepalived as its  complex chat scripts
> capable ,
> and quite better supported then any other lvs daemons.
>

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
>
> Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de - 1995 -
> 2015 -  20 Jahre Linux/Unix Support.
>
> Legal Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
> confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any
> review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received
> this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and
> immediately delete this message and all

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.