[lvs-users] TUN and PMTU solved or still work around needed?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] TUN and PMTU solved or still work around needed?
From: Phillip Moore <pdm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:19:54 -0500
We are using IPVS with TUN/ipip and recently ran into the MTU issue
(packets too big and PMTU not working) that is discussed at length in
the LVS-HOWTO.LVS-Tun document.  We came up with the same work around
of setting the MTU for the route.

Is this still the suggested solution or has there been an actual
solution figured out as part of LVS/IPVS. The most recent discussion
documented in the howto document is pretty old at this point.

Reference:
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-Tun.html#tunl_mtu_solved

Thanks,
Phillip Moore