Re: [lvs-users] LVS FULLANT perf test result

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS FULLANT perf test result
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:07:54 +0000
As no one else has replied I thought I would.

LVS fullNAT is not widely used but is likely to perform very well as it is
simple layer 4 routing.
Most people use LVS for layer 4 dr/masq mode and HAProxy for anything that
needs Layer 7 i.e. a proxy (fullnat).

F5 is the top of the range commercial product so neither LVS or HAProxy are
anything like it. However they can give 95% of the performance/features
when configured correctly.
Loadbalancer.org, Kemp & Barracuda Networks all use LVS for layer 4 load
balancing in their commercial products.

You are much better off looking at what your requirements are first NOT
comparing to a random commercial product.

On 23 March 2016 at 12:10, wei wang <lnykww@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.
> Is there any performance test result report for  lvs fullnat? I want
> to compare it with F5 hardware load balancer,so if there are some
> report, please send to me. thanks.

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Ltd.