Re: [lvs-users] DR-TUN Issues: Packets become martians on real server

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] DR-TUN Issues: Packets become martians on real server
From: Aaron West <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 18:41:00 +0100
Hi Timothy,

I've been watching this post to see if you get any replies, I too
recently had issues trying LVS-TUN in Amazon AWS... I was using an
IPsec VPN from home to my VPC attempting to load balance servers
across this link. Later, I tried as a sanity check against my
own(Proxmox) hosted server(In a local DC) using an OpenVPN link which
I also couldn't get to work... Although it works in the LAN with Linux
boxes as my routers when I try to simulate the network layout without
VPN's...

Other pressures eventually pulled me away from this task but I had
planned to go back to it at a later date so on seeing your post I've
been eagerly awaiting any replies you might get.

I have nothing to really offer at this stage as a resolution but
wanted to give the topic a bump at least, however, if I learn anything
on my next round of testing I'll share it.

>From my troubleshooting I think I proved that the traffic got as far
as the tunnel adapter on the real server but seemed to get lost on the
return path, I believe it's only the part between director and real
server that uses a tunnel with replies going directly back to the
client like DR mode so I was assuming(Maybe incorrectly) that
something was dropping them on the path back.

Aaron West

Loadbalancer.org

www.loadbalancer.org
+1 888 867 9504 / +44 (0)330 380 1064
aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LEAVE A REVIEW | DEPLOYMENT GUIDES | BLOG