Re: [lvs-users] DR-TUN Issues: Packets become martians on real server

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] DR-TUN Issues: Packets become martians on real server
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Aaron West <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:51:51 +0100
Hi Timothy,

What you had working was it in AWS or VMWare?

I've pretty much given up trying to get the spoofed reply traffic back
out of AWS it gets dropped always with either DR mode or TUN unless I
send it back via the director and that case I may as well do NAT mode
instead...

My understanding is that when egress traffic hits their edge they
check the source matches the instance it came from and if it doesn't
the packet gets dropped. However, all works fine if the client is in
the same VPC so it doesn't need to go out past the edge of the VPC.

Just interested if you found the same in your testing?
Aaron West

Loadbalancer.org

www.loadbalancer.org
+1 888 867 9504 / +44 (0)330 380 1064
aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LEAVE A REVIEW | DEPLOYMENT GUIDES | BLOG