Re: [lvs-users] Reroute SYN packet when it could not be delivered to the

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Reroute SYN packet when it could not be delivered to the backend
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:32:22 +0100
On 12 Apr 2018, at 15:28, kay <kay.diam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a special use case for the Direct Routing (DR) mode.
> Is there a possibility to reroute SYN packets, when they can not be
> delivered to the backend? It could be easily detected by several SYN
> packets being sent.

Firstly, please susbcribe to the list so your messages don’t get held for
moderation.

To answer your question: you need an extra application to do this. There are
several, but I’d suggest you look at keepalived as a first option.

There was much discussion many years ago (20 or so) about putting
realserver/backend monitoring into IPVS, but it was felt at the time that this
wasn’t a kernel function and should be handled by a userspace application. That
still applies today.

Graeme