[lvs-users] Exploring the possibility of using LVS as a gateway/router

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Exploring the possibility of using LVS as a gateway/router
From: Amanpreet Singh <aps.sids@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 16:18:06 -0500
Hi everyone,

I understand that LVS is mostly used as a load balancer.

I'm curious to see if it can also work as a linux gateway/router, where
instead of load balancing a specific service IP/port, it can route traffic
based on routes in kernel routing table or otherwise.

The reason this interests me is that if this works with the DR method, it
can theoretically reduce the load on a normal NAT gateway/router.

It would be great if someone can share any insights about this.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Aman