[lvs-users] Clear hash table

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Clear hash table
From: Petr Vyhnal <rudiik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:38:07 +0100
Hello all,

I'm using IPVS with source hashing mechanism for UDP syslog traffic. I
also have sh-fallback defined. There are two real servers configured and
it work perfectly - events are balanced per source IP and when one goes
down, all syslog events are shifted to the remaining one. The problem is
when failed server comes back up, because all syslog events keep to be
delivered to the one which was online all the time. This makes one real
server constantly loaded, while other is not utilized almost at all.
Yes, few new events are delivered to the second real server, but
majority of events is still pointed to the first one. Hence I'd like to
find a way how to manually clear hash table to force IPVS to recreate
hash table to re-balance traffic between both available real servers.
Any idea how to do that? So far I can only achieve that by rebooting the
server which is not something I'd like to do on common basis.

Thanks for any ideas,

Petr