LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT

To: Julius Volz <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Adding SNAT support to LVS/NAT
Cc: lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, j.stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, Julius Volz wrote:

Actually, what if we modify or remove that function to allow further processing in POSTROUTING? Could SNAT work with IPVS then?

sounds OK by me. You should get an opinion from people who know the code better than I do.

The comment above it says that the function specifically wants to avoid further NAT by netfilter. But is this always a problem?

I assume the function is there

o to speed up LVS (useful but not required for LVS-NAT)

o to push the layer 2 packet for LVS-DR out on the wire. This packet has the MAC address of the RIP, but dst_addr=VIP, so can't be sent through routing.