LVS
lvs-devel

Re: Should we move IPVS out of net/ipv4 now?

To: horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Should we move IPVS out of net/ipv4 now?
Cc: juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx, csnook@xxxxxxxxxx, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:52:22 +1000

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:04:28PM +0200, Julius Volz wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:14 PM, David Miller wrote:
> > > From: Chris Snook <csnook@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:37:33 -0400

> > > I think, especially in the long term, putting IPVS under net/netfilter/
> > > is the right thing to do.
> >
> > Ok thanks, I'll send the patch for that once lvs-next-2.6 or
> > net-next-2.6 builds for ARCH=um again (there seems to be some breakage
> > at the moment)...
>
> Once net-next-2.6 is working again, let me know and I'll pull it
> into lvs-next-2.6.

I can't fix this if people don't tell me what the problem is.

Is there some upstream fix and cures this and all I need to do is
sync net-next-2.6 up with Linus's tree?  Is there some external
fix?

It's totally stupid to stall development because of an issue like this
yet give no direction or diagnostics we can use as a path to resolve
it.