IPVS v0.9.3 available

Subject: IPVS v0.9.3 available
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 22:39:18 +0800
Hi,

I've put ipvs-0.9.3-2.2.13.tar.gz on the LVS site.
  http://www.LinuxVirtualServer.org/ipvs-0.9.3-2.2.13.tar.gz

Virtual Server patch for Linux 2.2 - Version 0.9.3 -  November 7, 1999

Changes:
        * Adapted the patch for kernel 2.2.13
        Since the ntohl and like were changed to unsigned int(because the
        unsigned long int is 64-bit these days), some code in VS patch
        is modified for this change, and the compiling warnings and
        unnecessary casting can be avoided.

        * Changed the masq timeout type and the maximum persistent timeout
        The type of masq timeout was changed from 'unsigned' to 'unsigned
        long', in order to keep it the same as the type of timer_struct
        expires, then masq timeout will be 64-bit on 64-bit platforms. The
        maximum persistent timeout was changed from one year to one month,
        because this is enough. Thank Julian for the suggestions.

        * Added ICMP handling for IPVS
        The incoming ICMP packets for virtual services will be forwarded
        to the right real servers, and outgoing ICMP packets from virtual
        services will be altered and send out correctly. This is important
        for error and control notification between clients and servers,
        such as the MTU discovery. Sorry for adding this stuff so late,
        because I used to stupidly think that it is not easy to add ICMP
        handling for IPVS. After spending a couple of hours reading the
        textbooks and the masq code, I found that it was quite easy to add
        this stuff. Sorry!

        * Changed the tunnel/dr/local forwarding without doing masq_skb_cow
        Some orders in the ip_fw_demasquerade and ip_fw_demasq_icmp functions,
        so that the masq skbuff copy-on-write can be avoided in the tunnel/
        dr/local forwarding methods. This improves performance for the
        tunnel/dr/local forwarding methods.

Thanks,

Wensong