A script that might be of use...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: A script that might be of use...
From: Nick Christopher <nwc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 17:42:29 -0500
I didn't want to deal with Satan, it's not that I'm religious, but I am
slothful :-)  Anyway, the mon approach to high availability was more
than I wanted to deal with. All I wanted was to pool several web servers
together.

The results, a pretty clean bash script that I run on my Director to
both start up the director and then monitor the real servers. It's about
2 pages of bash and uses GNU wget to "ping" the real servers.

Configure it by changing the values of the variables in the variable
definition block at the top.

The web servers all run linux here and are on a single class C with
firewall so tunneling seemed best.  Enjoy.

No warrantees implied or stated, no claims of usefulness in your galaxy.

--
Asking permission is too often simply seeking denial.