IPVS with kernel 2.2.13: setsockopt failed: Invalid option

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPVS with kernel 2.2.13: setsockopt failed: Invalid option
From: Fred CHAUSSUMIER <frederique.chaussumier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:29:43 +0000
Hello,

I am trying to install IPVS on my linux PC. I have the 2.2.13 kernel
sources (with the RedHat 5.2 distribution). I installed the IPVS patch
for this kernel, compiled the kernel as written in the README and
everything seemed to work fine.

But when I try to run ipvsadm, I have the following messages:

# ipvsadm -a
setsockopt failed: Invalid argument
# ipvsadm -A
setsockopt failed: Invalid argument
# ipvsadm -L
Could not open /proc/net/ip_masq/vs
Are you sure that Virtual Server is supported by the kernel?

Something must go wrong when applying the patch (although evrything
seems to be OK) or there may be something missing in my kernel and I
cannot guess what!

Actually, indeed, there is no /proc/net/ip_masq/vs file as it should be!
Why?

Thanks for your help!
Frederique
--

-- Frederique CHAUSSUMIER, PhD student
-- LIP-LHPC, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Office 342