Official Announcement of an LVS Service

To: Linux Virtual Servers Mailling List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Official Announcement of an LVS Service
From: Michael Sparks <zathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:24:55 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,

This is just to let you guys know that we've now announced our Pilot LVS
service. A key difference between this and a trial service is that we
require the service to be 24 x 7 available, and will be ramping up load as
time progresses.

Further details on our announcement can be found at:

    http://wwwcache.ja.net/JanetService/PilotService-announcement.html

About the JANET Web Cache Service

The JWCS is a UK tax-payer funded service, with the remit of providing the
best quality/value caching service for the UK Higher Education Community
to increase bandwidth productivity, reduce response times, and increase
overall availability of pages on the web. The clients of the JWCS are 150+
UK Universities - each of which has their own small cache farm. The JWCS
ships in excess of 35 Million pages/350Gb per day during peak months to
these clients. As such the service has a large server farm with total disk
capacity in excess of 1.2Tb spread over 3 geographic locations for
resilience.

We are using the LVS system for this Pilot service since it has proved
itself reliable under pressure and it shows the requisite promise of
allowing us to effectively load balance such a request stream.

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195