Re: The new HOWTO confused me...VS-TUN, 2.2.x and the ARP problem

To: Nick Christopher <nwc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The new HOWTO confused me...VS-TUN, 2.2.x and the ARP problem
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Sparks <zathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:24:10 +0000 (GMT)
Nick,

Heres what we're using:

  * Kernels patched with ipvs 0.8.3
  * Kernels patched for the arp problem using
       http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/sdw_fullarpfix.patch
  * Realservers configured to listen for VIP on tunnel device
    (specifically tunl0:0)
  * Director configured to listen to VIP on ethernet card. (specifically
    eth0:0)

(If it's not obvious we're using the same kernel on all the machines to
improve flexibility of our setup)

Michael.
--
National & Local Web Cache Support        R: G117
Manchester Computing                      T: 0161 275 7195