Re: Persistent "server" trick is not working.

To: Jean-francois Nadeau <jf.nadeau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Persistent "server" trick is not working.
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:46:49 +0800
> Jean-francois Nadeau wrote:
>
> Hi !
>
> This refer to : Re: Can I do this with the persistent port feature ?
>
> With persistant port connection (ppc), you forward ports separately
> and port 80 from the client could go to one realserver while port 443
> will go to another. You can links all ports to have the pcc behaviour
> by using "0" for the port eg (I haven't done this so I don't know
> whether you have the -g or not)
>
> THIS DOES NOT WORK.
>
> Using latest patch for 2.2.12

which patch, ipvs-0.9.4 or ipvs-0.8.3?

> Any idea ?

For your problem posted in the mailing list, you can use pcc (Persistent
Client Connection) in ipvs-0.8.3, the commands are as follows:
        ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:0 -s ppc
        ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:0 -r <RealServer1> ...

Then, once the first web request of a client is sent to a server, all
the following web requests from the client will be sent to the same
server, and other requests (such as shttp) will be sent to that server
too. Note that port 0 stands for wildcards for port number.

In ipvs-0.9.4, you can probably use persistent port to solve your
problem.
        ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:0 -p [timeout]
        ipvsadm -A -t <VIP>:0 -r <RealServer1> ...
However, I am not sure whether port zero work with persistent port. I
will get back to you tomorrow, OK?

Hope it helps,

Wensong