arp - Problem

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: arp - Problem
From: Patrick Kormann <pkormann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:14:10 +0100
Hi!

I hope this is not off-topic.
We have a 'cluster' of 4 proxy servers. I'm now trying to combine them using
ipvs with direct routing. As the 'real servers' are using Kernel 2.2.13, I
have the problem described on the linuxvirtualserver homepage: The proxies
answers arp requests to the lo:0 IP, instead of letting the ipvs server
answer them.
I applied the arpfix-2213-1.diff patch to the kernels of the proxies and set
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_invisible (or something very close to that :)
) to 1,  but still the proxies seem to answer the arp request. If I don't
configure the ipvs server at all and do a ping to the 'virtual' IP, I have
the MAC Adress of one of the proxies in my arp table, not the one of the
ipvs server. the oterh patch from the virtualserver.org homepage didn't work
at all, it broke the net-connetion of the proxies. Maybe they stopped ARPing
at all.
Help, this starts getting stupid.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Patrick Kormann