Re: Masquerading Entries and IPVSADM

To: kini@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Masquerading Entries and IPVSADM
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mack@xxxxxxxxxxx, wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:20:11 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 kini@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all!!
>
> How does one delete the masquerading entries associated with a
> particular real server IMMEDIATELY after it has been removed by "ipvsadm
> -d" option. We found that the masquerading entries are being retained
> until they timeout.

        You are right, they are not deleted. The only problem is that
they occupy memory in the director. Any other problems? The traffic
for them is stopped. If you add the same real server before the
connections expire, they can continue.

        Why do you need they to expire immediately? Only to clear the
director's memory?

> Thanks in advance
>
> Aditya, Anmol, Phani

Regards