Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Newbie: LVS-DR on 2.4.3
From: "Scott Jones" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:13:06 -0700
So, I finally got everything working (well, i just got round-robin LVS-DR
going)!  (Now I just need to actually install our application)...

I ended up putting 2.2.18 on my director along with patch 1.05.  I had been
working on using 2.4.3, but the SCSI drivers were broken for my machine, and
it seems that the ipvs patch for 2.4.2 has a few #defines missing somewhere
(nf_register_hook, nf_unregister_hook, nf_register_sockopt,
nf_unregister_sockopt, buffermem_pages_Rsmp_3c6d1ab2,
page_cache_size_Rsmp_08658b61, nr_free_pages_Rsmp_893c0446, and
nf_hook_slow).

The real servers are running 2.4.2 (2.4.3 has a broken version of my SCSI
driver, it seems).  I patched the real-server 2.4.2 kernels with the "hidden
patch" to solve the ARP problem -- I still was unable to get the extra NIC
solution to work by itself.

Thanks for all of the help, Joe!  :)

Cheers,

Scott