2.4.x kernels with ipvs in the kernel and as modules

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ja@xxxxxx
Subject: 2.4.x kernels with ipvs in the kernel and as modules
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:11:54 -0400
I'm looking at the README for ipvs-0.2.11

It has what looks like a section on building the kernel
as modules and another section for building within the
kernel. I assumed the later was not as modules
but as a monolithic kernel (ie the schedulers are
built in and there is no ip_vs_rr.o produced).

However with make menuconfig I can only build the schedulers
as modules.

This does give me a working 2.4.3 SMP LVS. (I haven't
gone back to yesterday's problem yet with building and SMP
kernel)

Is it possible to build ipvs for 2.4.x kernels
without any modules, ie with all the code in the kernel?