Re: 2.4.x kernels with ipvs in the kernel and as modules

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.x kernels with ipvs in the kernel and as modules
From: "Scott Jones" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 08:59:11 -0700
Hi Joe,

I just tried it out and was able to configure a 2.4.3 monolithic kernel with
the ipvs set up as "built-in" rather than in modules.  It'd be nice if I
could actually use this kernel (the SCSI drivers are screwed up for it for
my machine)!  So, I'm sticking with 2.2.18 and ipvs 1.05 right now...

Did you turn off modules completely in the "Loadable module support"
section?

I noticed that if you set up the virtual server support as a module, then at
most, you could set up all of the schedulers as modules...  Maybe that could
be the problem?

-Scott