RE: ipvs-0.9.2 available

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ipvs-0.9.2 available
Cc: "'wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:55:50 -0700
> Note that the feature of connection synchronization is under
> experiment
> now, and there is some performance penalty when connection
> synchronization, because a highly loaded load balancer may
> need multicast
> a lot connection information. If the daemon is not started, the
> performance will not be affected.

if one were to utilize this functionality with no worries about performance
penalties -- (let's imagine a real world case where the boxes / network /
memory / et cettera is just beefy enough to handle it) -- .. what would be
the best sync setting?  or is it all automated?

another sweet feature for LVS :) ... now all that's missing is an ability to
handle proxy arrays (like AOL) better (?).. looks like 1.0 isn't too far
away!

-- side topic --

Has anyone given thought to getting https admin functionality like BigIP?
I'd do it myself except I'm quite poor at programming currently. :(

cheers,

Peter