Re: 0.9.x stability

To: Jason Witt <jdwitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 0.9.x stability
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:06:10 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jason Witt wrote:

> Just Curious...
> The lvs download page says that 0.8 is the recommend production version.  Does
> this still stand or has a 0.9.x version proven it self to be stable enough to
> step up?  Do I dare let a 35K+ user system rely upon it?

        If 0.8.1 works for you then use it. Both 0.8.1 and 0.9.4 have some
checksum problems but they are persistent (it works for your CPU or
does not work). Even after 0.9.5 there are 2 fixes that should be
applied, you can browse the mailing list archive from the last week,
one of them mandatory (it is in the kernel version of 0.9.5). If you
ask whether you should upgrade from 0.8.1 to 0.9.5 my answer is no.
Wait for 0.9.6 or apply these two fixes. If you use latest 2.4 kernels
then you need 0.8.2pre or 0.9.5+2fixes.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100353021013420&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100350536425552&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=100359074704417&w=2