Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lmb@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: director synch demon and Linux-HA [Was: Hello].
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:30:10 -0400
Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> On 2002-06-20T11:07:09,
>    Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> said:
>
> > I don't know what Linux-HA is monitoring yet, to know what to attempt
> > to bring down.
>
> heartbeat only monitors "node health" in a binary fashion: ie, either a node
> is up or down - then resources get migrated all at once. It detects this if it
> loses contact over all heartbeat channels. (Typically ethernet and/or serial)

I'm just using udp over ethernet to start. The only resource I tell heartbeat
about is the rc.lvs script which has start|stop|status options and which
starts|stops the VIP, DIP and runs the ipvsadm commands.

Are you saying that heartbeat only detects loss of contact over the heartbeat
channels? Does heartbeat monitor resources on each director and send messages
that the node has lost some functionality or other and that the resources
should be moved?