Re: Routing route

Subject: Re: Routing route
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:09:19 -0500
pb wrote:

> Thanks Joe.
>
> FYI section 13.11 calls the director (aka. load
> balancer) a "NAT box" ;-)

fair cop.

Thanks

(We hasten to assure you that the people responsible
have been repremanded and that it won't happen again.
We have set up the LVS anti-sloppiness committee to
monitor the LVS documents for any more examples of
unclear thinking.)

This may be a hold-over from the 2.0.x and 2.2.x days
when LVS setup the de-masquerading, and you had to
setup the masquerading by hand, so the director was
a NAT-box too.
With 2.4.x, LVS is no longer based on masquerading.

I should fix it though.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx