Re: LVS with two node cluster.

Subject: Re: LVS with two node cluster.
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 19:43:20 +0900
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 04:12:21PM +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a setup with two node cluster in which both the nodes are acting
> as director nodes and real server node. In the case of master director
> node i have interface eth0:xx configured for VIP and on the second node
> i have lo:xx configured for VIP. But i have the same set of rules on
> both the nodes using  ipvsadm command and on node one i have the sync
> daemon running as master and on node 2 i have sync daemon running as
> slave.
>

> Now my problem is when the master node redirect the connection to node 2
> node 2 again tries to load balance it, trying to redirect it to node1.
>
> IS there a configuration by which i can say if the incoming traffic is
> for IP configured on loop back interface don't load balance even though
> there are rules for load balancing .

No.

One way to get around this is to use a tool which changes
the LVS rules. So the Master would have the LVS rules
but the Standby would not. If the Master fails then
the Satndby has the rules instantiated.

This can be achieved using heartbeat + ldirectord.
I have some instructions on how to do this here:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/sl-ha-lb-overview.html

It is probably also possible to do this with keepalived.
http://www.keepalived.org/

There also many other ways to do this using different
software packages.

--
Horms