Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling

Subject: Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:42:04 -0400
Wensong Zhang wrote:

> > What version of gcc are you using for LVS?
> >

> I am using gcc version egcs-2.91.66 on Red Hat 6.2, and gcc version 2.96
> on Red Hat 7.3 for most development.

good to know, will put it in the HOWTO. Can you make a big announcement when
you change?

> However, the above problem is related to the versions of gcc. Markus
> probably used a non-standard kernel source,

I'm using all standard packages (gcc-3.3, kernel from ftp.kernel.org) and
I got it too. There is a collision in the headers. One variant has two
parameters, the new 2nd paramater is '0' (or NULL), so I just removed
it. I would have hoped that if they are going to change the number of
parameters,
that they'd give it a new name

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx