OT: mrproper

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OT: mrproper
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:49:55 -0400
Was just told this by the local sysadmin...

If you want to clean your kernel tree, you don't do

make clean

you do

make mrproper

I had no idea where mrproper came from or that it had any significance
at all (for those of you who didn't know it had any significance
until now, see if you can figure it out). I assumed it was the
string for doing make clean in the kernel and didn't think any more about it.

In USA there is a liquid product to clean desktops etc called "Mr Clean"
(which I didn't know about either). It's for getting things cleaner
than clean. It's sold in Europe under the name "Mr Proper".

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx